Where: Litteraturhuset, Oslo. Room: Nedjma, 2nd floor.
The Norwegian Minister of Foreign Affairs Ine Eriksen Søreide has the pleasure to invite all those interested to a seminar to mark the 70th anniversary of the Council of Europe and the 60th anniversary of the European Court of Human Rights.
The topic of the seminar is the importance of the Council of Europe in today’s democracies. The seminar will be conducted in English and Norwegian and is co-organised with The Norwegian National Human Rights Institution (NIM) and the European Wergeland Centre.
Programme starts at 16:00 (coffee is served from 15:30):
- Ine Eriksen Søreide, Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Matti Anttonen, Permanent Secretary, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland (representing the Finnish chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe).
- Maria Reinertsen, journalist at Morgenbladet.
- Erik Møse, Supreme Court Justice (formerly judge at the European Court of Human Rights).
Panel discussion moderated by Anine Kierulf from the Norwegian National Human Rights Institution. Panellists will include:
- Louise Holck, Deputy Executive Director of the Danish Institute for Human Rights,
- Adele Matheson Mestad, Director of the Norwegian National Human Rights Institution,
- Ana Perona Fjeldstad, Executive Director of the European Wergeland Centre,
- Hanne Østli Jakobsen, journalist at Morgenbladet.
- Jette Christensen, member of the Norwegian delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE)
Doors open at 15:30.
For registration, use the contact form «Påmelding» on this page. We look forward to stimulating discussions on Europe Day.
Bestilling er stengt for denne hendelsen.